Friday, November 14, 2008

TOOLS TO LIVE BY TOO...

Good evening and thanks for stopping in!
Goodness, aren't we all in love with Cricut? Can you imagine scrapping without it? Besides my list yesterday of low-tech favorite tools, these have to be my highest of the hi-tech ones...

(my Cricut & Jukebox)


I recently treated myself to a couple eBay bargains and am doing hand stands over them - Cricut Jukebox and Design Studio! It is so nice to be away from home with my computer but to still be able to put together pages for cutting when I get home. It is amazing how much time can be saved welding words too. The gizmos aren't without their glitches (or perhaps operator know-how) and often it causes my laptop to freeze up but rebooting it and the Cricut always works...a good reason to save your work often!

Also, the Jukebox is wonderful and I can't imagine using DS without it. For those of you who are unfamilar, you can put 6 cartridges in the Jukebox AND connect up to 3 Jukeboxes together for up to 18 Cricut cartridges which means you don't need to hop up and down changing cartridges. A cable to the Jukebox just plugs into the Cricut and away you go.

As a scrapper who likes to make patterns, I'd love to be able to cut my own patterns on the Cricut and sure hope they come up with something to allow it...I've so far resisted getting the Sure-Cuts-A-Lot but see it in the future. I manage to combine items cut with the trio of Cricut items and supplement with my drawn parts to make original piecings. Here's today's new listing of one I created using several parts cut on my Cricut with some hand-drawn parts too...


Since I use the Cricut Expression I can plot out my pieces for cutting in four 6"x6" sections, which makes up one 12"x12", mat when using DS and it's perfect for cutting up to 4 colors/patterns on the same mat. It worked especially well for making a boy and girl version of the same layout since I was able to copy everything and place it on the blue 6"x6" section and so on. It's a real time saver too!

What I'd really like to learn next is how I can (or if I can) weld borders so I get a nice 12" piece with everything in a good scale. Does anyone know how to do that yet?? I'd be eternally grateful if any of our talented bloggers could help out!!

Please drop us a suggestion or comment when you can and have a great weekend!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




3 comments:

Leslie Anne Avila said...

nice! i want to get the expression too. i'm so jealous you even have the jukebox!
love~
leslie

Ronda Archangelo said...

Thanks! You can get them for great prices on eBay. I'm surprised I'm using it & the new attachments considering the Expression sat in a box for half a year before I worked up courage to use it.

xo,
Ronda

Nguyen Family Circus said...

Hi, I love the way that invitation looks. I just purchased a cricut expression myself :0). Do you have any suggestions of how I can make a birthday invite for my daughter's Teddy Bear Tea Party? I only have to make 6 of them, So i figure I can totally go all out. I definately want to use the Expression. What cartridges did you use for your invite?