Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Love the BUG :D

I love my Cricut! It is the best purchase I have made in scrapbooking. I started by owning the smaller Cricut and was hooked on buying the cartridges that go with it. There were fonts and images that just had endless possibilities. Unfortunately the lid broke due to my daughter and son standing on it to be closer to me and I upgraded to the Expression. It is so fabulous. I can cut borders and more due to the size. Cricut is constantly coming out with new cartridges that I have to have! Just last night I bought Blackletter and Home Accent. My favorite cartridges are George for the shapes, Accent Essentials for the swirls and flourishes and Doodlecharms for all the images. Here are some examples of how I have used my Cricut most recently.
In this border piece I did, I used the Cricut for the bears eyes and nose!
This cute clown is also cut from the Paper Dolls cartridge! I didn't care for the nose, so I just used a circle cut from George.

This car is from Paper Dolls as well. Paper Dolls has cute people, but I use it for all the extras. There are trees, animals, summer themes to name my most used. They also have quite a few images that are great for boys, and if you scrapbook for a boy, you know how much harder it is to find accessories for their pages :D

This basket was a sizzix die, but I used the apple from Doodlecharms to fill the basket.


And finally for the pumpkins, I used the ovals from George. I cut three ovals and layered and inked them and viola! a perfect pumpkin. I could show hundreds of layouts using my Cricut, which in my eyes means I made a good purchase! I can't imaging scrapbooking without my bug and if you have tried, I am sure you feel the same!
Karen




1 comment:

Grin and Barrett said...

WOW! I love them all! I would have never picked up on the pumpkin being ovals, until you said something. Thank you for sharing your talent!

Jennifer