Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stamping for home decor

I have never really been one for stamping. I love scrapbooking. Papers, buttons, chipboard, ink, and other dimensional embellishments are really more my style and taste than stamps. Once in a great while, i may add a stamped image to a page, but I am rarely happy with the result. I only have a few stamps - I have picked out ones with fancy flourishes and other similar designs that really appeal to me. And while I don't incorporate them into my scrapbook pages, I do like to use them for other little projects. For example, I love to find a nice frame and fill it with a heavy white cardstock that has been stamped, like this :
It is so simple to do, and creates a very nice piece of art to hang on the wall. I have done something similar with canvas. I have a partial wall that really needed some sort of art grouping, so I painted the edges of canvas with black acrylic paint, and then added a name, monogram, jewels, and a stamp to each one.

I arranged the finished canvases and added a couple of pictures and another framed stamped cardstock to create a nice little family themed wall. Here is a closer look at the stamped canvas:
Remember, even if you don't want to stamp on your scrapbook pages, there are lots of other things you can do with a pretty stamp! So go ahead and buy that huge one you have been eyeing, and don't feel guilty because you can get a lot of use out of it!

Photobucket

No comments: