Monday, November 3, 2008

Itsa Happy Scrappin' Life 4 Me!

Despite having boxes of stamps I seem to prefer scrapping over stamping. I'm not sure if it's the fear of stamping something in the wrong spot and not being able to undo the ink or what prevents me from using them very often in my papercrafts. In looking back at the things I've used them on in the past, it seems I generally use them on journaling cards or on small pieces like mats where I can't do a lot of damage if I make a mistake. This is a snapshot from a current listing.


Like Sarah, I have used stamps in a few home decorating projects with great results. The inexpensive foam stamps worked wonderful to stamp a shell motif under our bar/divider and was a pretty safe bet since I used acrylic paint to stamp my designs. I also used the same stamps to decorate the border of a lamp shade to match the comforter. That may have been where the phobia began because I goofed on it!





So today, I mostly stick to scrapping for the fun of drawing, painting, and paperpiecing. Paper is so much fun and inexpensive if you make a mistake...not quite like ruining a new lampshade! This simple little mouse layout is one of my favorite paper piecings. The second page had a bowl of stawberries cut from the paper I used on the mats.


I hope you all have a great day and stop by again soon!



Ronda

ebay id. - button*box



No comments: